Who doesn’t dream of having pumpkin pie for breakfast? And even better when it’s all healthy, right?
Last week, I already showed you that was easily possible with my pumpkin pie overnight oats recipe. Today I am sharing another breakfast recipe with you that is pumpkin-y delicious, packed with nutrients and incredibly easy to make: a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl!
Admittedly, I am not the biggest fan of smoothie bowls. But this one I am absolutely obsessed with. It’s made with pumpkin (duh!) plant milk, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract and it’s naturally sweetened with frozen bananas and dates. To make it creamier and richer in flavour, I also added a tablespoon of almond butter.
As you can see, this smoothie is spoonable. That’s because it uses less liquid so it is thicker than a smoothie you would drink. With tons of toppings, it ends up being a rich and satisfying breakfast. Of course, you can add more milk and sip it or drink it with a straw if you want.
My favourite toppings for this smoothie bowl are:
- Granola! ‘Cause I always need some crunchy toppings on my smoothie bowls
- Dried fruit like dates or figs, and fresh fruit such as banana
- Creamy coconut yogurt – to mimic the whipped cream
- Chopped nuts or coconut chips – they make any breakfast better if you ask me
- And a drizzle of pumpkin seed butter!
I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as I do. If you remake it, I would love to hear how you liked it. So please leave me a comment below or if you upload it to your Instagram, tag me at @aspoonfulofhealthde.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl
- 2 frozen bananas
- 3 heaping tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1/2-1 cup plant milk of your choice
- 2 dates
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dried dates or figs
- pumpkin seed butter
- coconut chips
- coconut yogurt
Add all the ingredients to your blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
Transfer to a bowl and add your desired toppings.